- Follow Teaching nonmajors biology on WordPress.com
- Natural Selection in Tortoises: A (Homemade) Video
- “Practice Perfection”: It’s Not Just for Gymnasts
- The Laptop Ban: New Research
- Moldy bread, experimental design, and you
- Raise Your Hand: How Do You Start the Semester on the Right Foot?
- Another Way to Connect Selection, Phenotype, and Genotype
- So many learning resources … so little time
- Antibiotic resistance in the lab … with actual bacteria!
- Attend the best conference for people who teach biology labs … for free!
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: A Simple, Realistic Lab Activity
Category cloudAcademic conferences Active learning Assessment Assignments Chemistry Citizen science Collaboration Concept mapping Course design Ecology Engaging students Evolution Experimental design fungi Instructional technology Just for fun Laboratory activities Learning at home Microbiology Podcast Science in art Science news STEM Student writing Study skills Teaching Uncategorized Videos Vine
Category Archives: Citizen science
Earlier this month, I went to my favorite conference of the year: the one for the Association for Biology Laboratory Education. If you don’t know about it, check it out. Each conference follows a workshop format, so you don’t sit … Continue reading