- Follow Teaching nonmajors biology on WordPress.com
- So many learning resources … so little time
- Antibiotic resistance in the lab … with actual bacteria!
- Attend the best conference for people who teach biology labs … for free!
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: A Simple, Realistic Lab Activity
- Selling the laptop ban: An activity
- A laptop ban at last
- Looking for a scantron replacement? Consider ZipGrade.
- Trail cam images and data for your lab
- Radiometric Dating: Need to Practice?
- One Good Clicker Tip
Category cloudAcademic conferences Active learning Assessment Assignments Chemistry Citizen science Collaboration Concept mapping Course design Ecology Engaging students Evolution Experimental design Instructional technology Just for fun Laboratory activities Learning at home Microbiology Podcast Science in art Science news STEM Student writing Study skills Teaching Uncategorized Videos Vine
Category Archives: Concept mapping
I just learned that the National Human Genome Research Institute sponsors a Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms. The glossary is available as a free app, which you can find at the Education page at genome.gov. I spent some time with … Continue reading
Mariëlle found some great teaching videos on YouTube the other day. Mitchell Moffit and Gregory Brown have a YouTube channel called ASAPscience, which boasts “Your weekly dose of fun and interesting science.” Mariëlle and I thought that an assignment built around … Continue reading