- Follow Teaching nonmajors biology on WordPress.com
- Attend the best conference for people who teach biology labs … for free!
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: A Simple, Realistic Lab Activity
- Selling the laptop ban: An activity
- A laptop ban at last
- Looking for a scantron replacement? Consider ZipGrade.
- Trail cam images and data for your lab
- Radiometric Dating: Need to Practice?
- One Good Clicker Tip
- Cultivating a Growth Mindset in Your Students
- Reblogging: GMOs vs. Artificial Selection
Category cloudAcademic conferences Active learning Assessment Assignments Chemistry Citizen science Collaboration Concept mapping Course design Ecology Engaging students Evolution Experimental design Instructional technology Just for fun Laboratory activities Learning at home Podcast Science in art Science news STEM Student writing Study skills Teaching Uncategorized Videos Vine
Tag Archives: sexual reproduction
I have frequently struggled to help students connect the events of meiosis with the adaptive value of sexual reproduction; it’s hard to get students to look away from the stages of meiosis to see the “big picture” of genetic variability. … Continue reading