- Follow Teaching nonmajors biology on WordPress.com
- Attend the best conference for people who teach biology labs … for free!
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: A Simple, Realistic Lab Activity
- Selling the laptop ban: An activity
- A laptop ban at last
- Looking for a scantron replacement? Consider ZipGrade.
- Trail cam images and data for your lab
- Radiometric Dating: Need to Practice?
- One Good Clicker Tip
- Cultivating a Growth Mindset in Your Students
- Reblogging: GMOs vs. Artificial Selection
Category cloudAcademic conferences Active learning Assessment Assignments Chemistry Citizen science Collaboration Concept mapping Course design Ecology Engaging students Evolution Experimental design Instructional technology Just for fun Laboratory activities Learning at home Podcast Science in art Science news STEM Student writing Study skills Teaching Uncategorized Videos Vine
Tag Archives: Michelle Smith
This semester, I am committing some time to sitting in on other peoples’ classes at the University of Oklahoma. The instructors I have chosen use a wide variety of teaching styles (from all lecture to all active learning) and come … Continue reading
Conference season came to a quick start and finish for me in June, starting with the Association for Biology Laboratory Education (http://www.ableweb.org/) conference at the University of North Carolina–Chapel Hill, and ending with the Introductory Biology Project (http://ibp.ou.edu/) conference in … Continue reading