- Follow Teaching nonmajors biology on WordPress.com
- Using Google Forms for biology class: A free tool with many uses
- Mindset Matters for Teachers, Too
- Does Comedy Add Interest, or Does It Distract from Scientific Rigor?
- Inching Toward Inclusivity, One Instructor at a Time
- This might just be my new favorite book about teaching…
- Seven Strategies for Sustaining Student Engagement Online
- A New Way to Look at Red-Green Colorblindness
- “BiteScis”: Bite-sized research to promote scientific thinking
- What Does a STEM Professional Look Like? One Graduate Student’s Perspective
- Calling on students at random: What are the keys to success?
Category cloudAcademic conferences Active learning Assessment Assignments Chemistry Citizen science Collaboration Concept mapping Course design Ecology Engaging students Equity and inclusion Evolution Experimental design genetics Instructional technology Just for fun Laboratory activities Learning at home Microbiology Mindset Online teaching Science in art Science news STEM Student writing Study skills Teaching Uncategorized Videos
Tag Archives: Introductory Biology Project
I was fortunate to attend the Introductory Biology Project summer conference in Washington, DC in July 2012. Participants were given the opportunity to complete the following statement on a shared document: “At the end of the ideal course [in introductory … Continue reading