- Follow Teaching nonmajors biology on WordPress.com
- Another Way to Connect Selection, Phenotype, and Genotype
- So many learning resources … so little time
- Antibiotic resistance in the lab … with actual bacteria!
- Attend the best conference for people who teach biology labs … for free!
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: A Simple, Realistic Lab Activity
- Selling the laptop ban: An activity
- A laptop ban at last
- Looking for a scantron replacement? Consider ZipGrade.
- Trail cam images and data for your lab
- Radiometric Dating: Need to Practice?
Category cloudAcademic conferences Active learning Assessment Assignments Chemistry Citizen science Collaboration Concept mapping Course design Ecology Engaging students Evolution Experimental design Instructional technology Just for fun Laboratory activities Learning at home Microbiology Podcast Science in art Science news STEM Student writing Study skills Teaching Uncategorized Videos Vine
Tag Archives: Cells
I’d like to report on another great idea from a recent issue of The American Biology Teacher. This time it’s from the October 2015 issue. Dawn A. Tamarkin from Springfield Technical Community College wrote a wonderful article called “Exploring Carbohydrates … Continue reading
In searching for quick science videos I stumbled across the Sick Science! YouTube channel. The videos posted there are short and to the point, they are of very high quality, and they show how to do a wide variety of … Continue reading