- Follow Teaching nonmajors biology on WordPress.com
- This might just be my new favorite book about teaching…
- Seven Strategies for Sustaining Student Engagement Online
- A New Way to Look at Red-Green Colorblindness
- “BiteScis”: Bite-sized research to promote scientific thinking
- What Does a STEM Professional Look Like? One Graduate Student’s Perspective
- Calling on students at random: What are the keys to success?
- Instructors: Be kind to your future self
- My Students Need Help Asking for Help; Do Yours?
- The Incredibly Stretchy Condom, Revisited
- Natural Selection in Tortoises: A (Homemade) Video
Category cloudAcademic conferences Active learning Assessment Assignments Chemistry Citizen science Collaboration Concept mapping Course design Ecology Engaging students Equity and inclusion Evolution Experimental design fungi Instructional technology Just for fun Laboratory activities Learning at home Microbiology Podcast Science in art Science news STEM Student writing Study skills Teaching Uncategorized Videos Vine
Category Archives: Vine
Have you heard of Vine? It’s a Twitter app that allows users to record 6-second, looping videos and upload them to Vine and other media, like YouTube and Facebook. We are considering building short stop-motion Vine videos to define the glossary … Continue reading