It’s Labor Day weekend, so I won’t take up your time with a long post. However, I wanted to share what came in my email last week. It was a link to an ASAP Science video called “The 9 Best Scientific Study Tips.” It’s really good. And if your students are anything like mine, they know that they OUGHT to be studying as they go along — but they keep putting it off. This is a great video to share with them. Now get back to relaxing! The long weekend is almost over…
- Follow Teaching nonmajors biology on WordPress.com
- What Does a STEM Professional Look Like? One Graduate Student’s Perspective
- Calling on students at random: What are the keys to success?
- Instructors: Be kind to your future self
- My Students Need Help Asking for Help; Do Yours?
- The Incredibly Stretchy Condom, Revisited
- Natural Selection in Tortoises: A (Homemade) Video
- “Practice Perfection”: It’s Not Just for Gymnasts
- The Laptop Ban: New Research
- Moldy bread, experimental design, and you
- Raise Your Hand: How Do You Start the Semester on the Right Foot?
Category cloudAcademic conferences Active learning Assessment Assignments Chemistry Citizen science Collaboration Concept mapping Course design Ecology Engaging students Equity and inclusion Evolution Experimental design fungi Instructional technology Just for fun Laboratory activities Learning at home Microbiology Podcast Science in art Science news STEM Student writing Study skills Teaching Uncategorized Videos Vine