It’s Labor Day weekend, so I won’t take up your time with a long post. However, I wanted to share what came in my email last week. It was a link to an ASAP Science video called “The 9 Best Scientific Study Tips.” It’s really good. And if your students are anything like mine, they know that they OUGHT to be studying as they go along — but they keep putting it off. This is a great video to share with them. Now get back to relaxing! The long weekend is almost over…
- Follow Teaching nonmajors biology on WordPress.com
- Raise Your Hand: How Do You Start the Semester on the Right Foot?
- Another Way to Connect Selection, Phenotype, and Genotype
- So many learning resources … so little time
- Antibiotic resistance in the lab … with actual bacteria!
- Attend the best conference for people who teach biology labs … for free!
- Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria: A Simple, Realistic Lab Activity
- Selling the laptop ban: An activity
- A laptop ban at last
- Looking for a scantron replacement? Consider ZipGrade.
- Trail cam images and data for your lab
Category cloudAcademic conferences Active learning Assessment Assignments Chemistry Citizen science Collaboration Concept mapping Course design Ecology Engaging students Evolution Experimental design Instructional technology Just for fun Laboratory activities Learning at home Microbiology Podcast Science in art Science news STEM Student writing Study skills Teaching Uncategorized Videos Vine