It’s Labor Day weekend, so I won’t take up your time with a long post. However, I wanted to share what came in my email last week. It was a link to an ASAP Science video called “The 9 Best Scientific Study Tips.” It’s really good. And if your students are anything like mine, they know that they OUGHT to be studying as they go along — but they keep putting it off. This is a great video to share with them. Now get back to relaxing! The long weekend is almost over…
- Follow Teaching nonmajors biology on WordPress.com
- Inching Toward Inclusivity, One Instructor at a Time
- This might just be my new favorite book about teaching…
- Seven Strategies for Sustaining Student Engagement Online
- A New Way to Look at Red-Green Colorblindness
- “BiteScis”: Bite-sized research to promote scientific thinking
- What Does a STEM Professional Look Like? One Graduate Student’s Perspective
- Calling on students at random: What are the keys to success?
- Instructors: Be kind to your future self
- My Students Need Help Asking for Help; Do Yours?
- The Incredibly Stretchy Condom, Revisited
Category cloudAcademic conferences Active learning Assessment Assignments Chemistry Citizen science Collaboration Concept mapping Course design Ecology Engaging students Equity and inclusion Evolution Experimental design genetics Instructional technology Just for fun Laboratory activities Learning at home Microbiology Podcast Science in art Science news STEM Student writing Study skills Teaching Uncategorized Videos Vine